Don't panic, Johnny, here's some advice on what to do when trapped in an old well...
(Climbing out of a well)
- Place your back against the wall and your feet against the opposite wall in an "L" shape.
- Use steady and even pressure from your thighs to maintain your position off the ground.
- Place the palms of your hands against the wall behind you below your butt.
- Take your right foot off the opposite wall and place it under your butt.
- Press your back away from the wall with your hands and push yourself up with your hands and feet.
- Put your back on the wall again and move your right foot back onto the opposite wall higher than your left foot.
- Repeat from 3. but use your left foot this time and alternate from there.
- When you approach the top twist slightly and grab the lip of the well. Roll and shift your weight to your hands and use your feet to assist you to pull yourself out.